..Ok ladies, (and gents?) you know how it goes, right?, when we get those undeniable cravings for chocolate!
"If you crave chocolate, it doesn't mean your body has a chocolate deficiency, although I think most people would prefer that. Chocolate is high in magnesium. Cravings for it often indicate that your body is deficient in magnesium, which is a common deficiency."
I say still have the chocolate, not just the magnesium! Life is too short to be overly anal, or anal, period!
Also, ..sometimes, there's this underlying want for something salty, ..together with the sweet! Oh yeah, you're understanding me now, ladies! (gents, not so much at this point!)
I had that last weekend, that mixed craving, Sunday to be precise, ..that insatiable need for something sweet and salty, ..and crunchy! Something, something, but what!? ..this is often a symptom of PMSing, stressing, freaking out, ..you get the picture!
..at the height of my stress, my need to bake kicked in! ..baking calms me, therefore when I'm a 'hot mess' I either bake or clean the house or run! ..I would like to also go on a tropical vacation when I'm feeling this way, a location with palm trees and infinite amounts of mojitos! ..but the latter isn't going to happen anytime soon!
This frenzied state led to something very delicious, very spontaneous and very quick and easy! A baking quickie, if you will! ..and alas I was deliciously satiated, and as calm as a cucumber after my sweet and salty encounter, with Mr. CW Popcorn Bark! ..oh la la..
And so if you want your own encounter with this delicious treat, check out the recipe below, and go make some! Enjoy!..
4, 100g bars of Cadbury milk chocolate or milk chocolate of choice
1 cup walnuts, or nut/s of choice
2 cups popcorn, lightly crushed, salted (I used G.H. Cretors Organic, but any good quality popcorn will do)
- Line a 20 x 30cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a double boiler, then allow chocolate to cool slightly.
- Add most of the walnuts and popcorn to the melted chocolate, and fold gently! Reserve some walnuts and popcorn for sprinkling over.
- Let chocolate cool a little more before pouring onto tray.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto the tray!
- Top the rest of the walnuts and popcorn over the melted chocolate.
- Let bark set in refrigerator, about 2 hours, or until set.
- Break into chunks before serving!